Posted in Pets, tagged african dwarf frogs, cats, corn snake, dogs, family, frogs, kids, life, living, Pets, pictures, random, red eared slider, snake, turtle on March 28, 2009|
Leave a Comment »
I feel like the fricken cat lady. It really sucks. I would say that I need therapy, but I really have learned my lesson. These are the animals that reside in my rather small home:
Teenage Daughter & her snake, Sweety
Son & Dog, Gabby
5 African Dwarf Frogs (Son's)
A Red Eared Slider (son's)
An old cat named Grace
Star, the most unphotogenic cat ever
The Mommy/Daughter Dual, Molly & Karma
Molly and Karma are a result of me feeling sorry for them, so I took them in. 4 cats in a home is absolutely ridiculous and it won’t happen again. Actually, if my house were larger, it might not matter, but my house is not larger, so I simply feel like a fool. Lucky for them, they are the sweetest cats ever…or at least the mom, Molly, is and they are a package deal. Want some cats? or frogs or a turtle? Hmmm????
Read Full Post »
Posted in cats, dogs, life, Pets, random, teachers, teaching, tagged cats, cold, dogs, frogs, legislation, life, Pets, random, snake, tattoo, teachers, teaching, turtle, walmart, work on January 13, 2009|
Leave a Comment »
Randomness is my topic tonight.
- My 95 pound lab/rottweiller mix of a dog is not allowed on my bed. However, while I am gone, she claims it as hers. While I don’t like this, it is nice when I am freezing cold to crawl into my already warm bed. Thank you, Gabby, for warming it for me. Now, GET DOWN!!! Actually, I don’t have to tell her to get down. She is down before I even come through the door.
- I am sick and tired of my classroom being freezing cold. Here’s the deal. If it is going to be cold, it really should be cold enough that we can have a snow day. If the weather is not going to cooperate, then bring on spring already!
- I am sick of people making up excuses for why they can’t make deadlines and meet expectations and expecting me to pick up the pieces. Ok, this really only applies to one person, but I am not going to go there.
- I want it to be summer break.
- I freak out when rubberbands are aimed at me. They can be incredibly painful, people!
- Walmart attracts really odd people of all sorts which leaves me to ponder why I almost always run into students while at Walmart. What does that say about my students and the school that I teach at? Heck, what does it say about me?
- How does anyone end up with a huge dog, 4 cats, a snake, a turtle and dwarf frogs and how long until the aforementioned population dwindles?
- Why are teachers the worst students on earth?
- Why are high school girls so moody?
- I think I need a date. I need to finish this class and then, maybe, I can devote some energy to dating again. Maybe?
- If colors are caused by reflections of light on molecules, does color cease to exist if there is no light to reflect on the molecules?
- Why are comfortable clothes so butt-ugly?
- Why are YOU still reading this boring blog?
- Will you please comment me? I need some traffic. LOL
- I want to move to a small town in which I only work 4 days a week and have a much smaller classroom size. I think the pay cut would be worth it. 33 students is far too many.
- When will Oregon realize that teachers can not teach once their classroom sizes reach a certain point?
- Does legislation really expect me to meet the needs of all 33 kids in my classroom when my lowest level student tests at the first grade level and my highest tests at 12.9+? How? How do they expect me to do that?
- Why does anyone think that I can get my job done in 40 hours a week? Can you please tell me know to do this?
- Again, why are you still reading this?
- My cats are named Grace, Star, Molly and Karma. Grace is old and has kidney failure. She is amazingly healthy all things considered. Normally, once diagnosed, cats die within two years. She’s made it 2 1/2 and is still ticking. Not bad.
- Anything else you want to know? Did I share too much? Yeah, I know I did. Oh well. Is anyone still reading this?
- How come when others share their random information it is so much more interesting?
- Why do humans wait as long as they possibly can before they finally get off of their lazy rear and go to the bathroom?
- Want to see my tattoo?
- OH! Why won’t my picture show? I have uploaded it twice now and it tells me that it will start showing my picture, but it never does. Why not? Why does the internet lie to me?
- How much will you pay me to go away? Damnit. Quit reading this then!
Read Full Post »